Thursday, June 10, 2010

Activism in a Postmodern World

Activists have to think and re-think how we engage with the community around us. Post modern culture and society presents a myriad of modern phenomena and dares us to be as appealing. The Internet, e-mail, music and media are prime resources that our culture has taken advantage of to provide mind, soul and spirit connections.

What we fail to appreciate is that post-moderns aren't so much interested in a "me, me, me" mentality as they are driven to participate and experience every area of life.

This resonates with me as I consider the world around us and the community we are in now. Post-modern society is driving us in this direction and it is far more experiential, participatory, image-driven, and connected in how it functions.

No comments: